Mid-month Birds


We are halfway through our first full month in the new house and there have been plenty of birds to keep me entertained and distracted from work.


We have seen at least 20 species in or from our yard and at least 30 species in the neighborhood.


The previous occupants of the house left us a nice hanging platform feeder, which we hung from a weeping birch in the backyard. So far, the feeder has been visited by Scrub Jays, American Crows, Black-capped Chickadees, Spotted Towhees, Song Sparrows, Fox Sparrows, House Finches, House Sparrows, and an obese fox squirrel.


I also hung a hummingbird feeder, which the abundant Anna's Hummingbirds have so far ignored. I expect it will receive more attention when the Rufous Hummingbird migration begins next month.

Comments

  1. My hummer feeders are getting quiet. I think the Anna's are building nests. Have you found any yet? I usually get a drop off at the feeder when they get busy with that.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts